Summer Safety Tips 2016
In order to have a fun summer, your family needs to make sure it’ll do its best to stay safe.
As July greets us with warmer weather, summer is a time during which we all spend more time outdoors. The outdoors come with their own risks that we all have to get used to, but can be easily preventable with the proper knowledge. Protect your family’s fun by remembering these summer safety tips.
- Never attempt to relight duds.
- Remember that fireworks that are often seen as safe, like sparklers, can reach temperatures of over 1000 degrees F!
- Attend community firework shows, which have the proper security and regulation, rather than making your own show.
- Eliminate stagnant water, such as in bird baths and fish ponds.
- Make sure your window screens are properly fitted and repair any holes to keep out unwanted bugs.
- Use insect repellent containing DEET when going outside. With the projected spread of the Zika virus this summer, it’s important to reduce your chances as much as possible—especially if you are pregnant.
- Helmets protect your child from serious brain injury, and should always be worn. Many injuries happen so close to home that it’s important they wear a helmet for every single ride.
- Helmets that have the CPSC safety standard are the only ones that should be on your radar.
- Do not push your child to ride a training wheels-free bicycle until he or she is are ready. Consider the child’s coordination and desire to ride a bike.
Summers shouldn’t be spent in the hospital or the doctor’s office. When it comes to protecting your Southern California residential home from unforeseen disaster, contact the security professionals at Cornwall Security Services, serving Ventura County and the surrounding Westlake areas.